The left page above was personal. I had just had surgery (with stitches still in place) to fix my vision-impairing eyelids so a self-portrait with stitches seemed like a perfect fit for Wordle: ALTER.
On the right, the Wordle was BLURB so I shared a blurb I wrote about “The Foundling” by Ann Leary. You can click twice to see an enlarged version to read my blurb/review.
Please keep reading below for another week’s worth of journal pages.
For Wordle: CROSS I drew a cross-eyed girl.
- (not illustrated) Boyfriend has “insider’s” card at Radio Shack.
- Dogs and their owners fighting.
- Tree on a hill caught fire and homeowner spraying it with a hose.
- Safeway supermarket parking lot is filled with snow and it’s snowing on Solano Ave. (It doesn’t snow here but it was really cold in my bedroom).
For Wordle SCOLD (above) I used a quote about being a writer by Roald Dahl: “The writer has to force himself to work…there is nobody there to scold him…”
- Eating cheese puffs made of wire mesh
- The floors in my house are being refinished but they are all buckled, the finish is pooling and they’re going to have to be ripped out.
I wasn’t happy with the first version of SCOLD so I redid it with a scolding crow and was happier with it. There is a crow couple that come visit me daily for the cashews and almonds I put out for them. They scold other crows who try to partake.
- I lost my dog Millie (not really) so I got a Corgi. My sister Marcy kept feeding him eggplant and I told her to stop it and give her some of her lamb. She said no, it was for her birthday.
- A wealthy Las Vegas couple had a house that you entered through a room with walls and floors made of speckled purple rubber and then a huge carpeted dog kennel.
And that’s a wrap! From here on out expect just one two-page spread per post.