My blog and I are celebrating our birthdays! My blog turned 4 last month and my birthday was Saturday but I’m celebrating all month. My neighbors gave me this little bouquet of glads (gladioli) which was perfect because I had so many birthday things I was glad for.
Unlike some who expect bling for their birthday, I’m much more down to earth. Some of the highlights of what made me glad on my birthday:
- Starting the day with my annual pilgrimage (a 3-mile round trip walk) to Fat Apples for a baked apple souffle/pancake with my sister and my best friend (who gave me a beautiful ceramic bowl she made).
- A short nap (because I woke up at 5:00 a.m. like a little kid on Christmas).
- A cleaned out garage courtesy of my son Cody (the only gift I’d asked for).
- Getting to borrow my neighbor’s truck and then making it to the dump just before they closed to get rid of a truckload of 10 years of junk.
- A homemade card from my mom with photos of my grandmother pregnant with my mom and my mom pregnant with me (and a nice check).
- A delicious dinner with Cody.
- A video, a cup of tea and a great night’s sleep.
- A perfect start to my 2-week birthday vacation!
My vacation is a “stay-cation” with lots of time for sketching and painting in the beautiful Bay Area. And along with spending some quality time in the backyard on the chaise lounge with a book, I have also promised (myself) to finally restock my earthquake emergency supplies since all the food and water in there have expired by now.
Blog Birthday: Thank You!
- 4 years
- 782 posts
- 8,259 comments
- 679,347 views
- 88,880 spam caught and deleted!
(WordPress has excellent spam protection, which is why you never have to do that stupid Captcha-type-in-meaningless-letters to leave a comment here)
THANKS to all of you wonderful blog visitors for your encouragement, support and the great conversations! I’m so grateful for every comment and every visit, and for the many friends I’ve made with artists around the world who share their wisdom so generously!